Y1 Industrial Waste Water MBBR Carrier Media 11X7mm
The core of the MBBR technology are the biofilm carriers. They are designed to provide a large protected surface area for the biofilm and optimal conditions for the bacteria culturea when the carriers are suspended in water.
Small Boss has developed several types of carriers with different shape, size and surface area. This gives us the flexibility to use the best suitable carrier depending on wastewater characteristics, pretreatment, discharge standards and available volumes. Currently we have ten different types of carriers.
Discriminant index :
1. Adhesion of biofilm
Adhesion capacity of biofilm - the most important index to evaluate the quality of fillers: biological adhesion = protected surface area (connected with the design of fillers
Structure related) × bioadhesion per unit surface area (related to the performance of filler)
2. Filler performance
Performance of packing - the most important index to evaluate the biological adhesion of packing
(1) Surface properties of fillers
1. Surface structure: it is generally considered that the surface roughness is large and the film hanging speed is fast.
2. Surface potential: generally, microorganisms are negatively charged, and the surface of filler is positively charged, which is suitable for microbial growth. 3. Hydrophilicity: the microorganism is hydrophilic particle, and the filler has good hydrophilicity and is suitable for microorganism growth.
Film hanging state
Film hanging state
(2) Hydraulic properties
1. Porosity: volume occupied by filler, high porosity.
2. Shape and size: affect the flow pattern of water and air flow.
(3) Fluidization performance: it is related to the density of filler. The density of the packing should be 0.97-1.03, and fluidization can be achieved with less aeration or agitation.
1. Enhanced nitrogen and phosphorus removal
2. Strong impact load resistance and good treatment effect
3. The activated sludge is not easy to expand
4. It is not easy to block and need no back washing
5. Long service life of MBBR suspension packing system